Regarding decals, what’s provided in the kit is not surprisingly extremely limited. In addition to the instrument dials only a pair of licence plates along with a 'prototype' plate are included. Interestingly Trumpeter don't match the ones found on the restored vehicle!
Both licence plates were added and sealed.
As regards to wheel options, I’m not a big fan of vinyl tyres but the kit ones are satisfactory and the tread pattern is accurate. My fifteen year old Trumpeter Sd.Kf.7 build with similar rubber tyres has lasted well so they dont appear to be of the 'melt your styrene hub over time' type!
To date I could not find anybody producing a resin aftermarket set and this is one of the reasons I originally purchased Modellbau’s resin solid tyred wheels. They do look extremely spindly from a front on perspective, but I do like their uniqueness.
I have however since found another pneumatic tyred set that could work. Although I have no proof of whether the hub bolt pattern was compatible, and to be honest, it’s not visually obvious if not, but these Sd.Kfz.9 wheels with chunky allied off-road tread really do give the vehicle a more purposeful stance.
I adapted the fixing points on all three front wheel set options so they will fit snugly onto the kit axle without the need to be fixed permanently. I can then easily interchange them should I wish to.
Kit DB10 wheels and vinyl tyres
Modellbau resin solid tyred wheels
Panzerart's resin allied off-road tyred FAMO wheels


.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment