Wednesday 8 February 2017

Back to the bench...

Feb 2017
 

It’s been a long 10 months since I touched a piece of styrene and a great deal more since I boxed all my modelling paraphernalia away for the house move. Over the last month I have been steadily getting the man cave operational. Such is the current state of the memory banks I had forgotten about a few purchases I had made since re-locating which made discovering them again quite a nice surprise! Every day's a new day. 🤔

Anyway, the mancave has been up since Aug 2016 and weathering nicely on the outside. It’s only a 3x2m space but plenty big enough for my needs.



  

As for the inside walls I figured I would paint just the back wall in a camo pattern. It turned out to be quite a faff and expense. I had some RAL colours mixed up at a DIY store, but Dunkelgelb no longer existed and no matter how many attempts they made I was never happy with the product. In hindsight I should have just used the Tamiya spray cans. Even a fair quantity of them would have still been cheaper than the paint tin bill!  Ah well, you live and learn. 

Here are a few pics before the floor went down.


So, it’s just a case of a minor de-clutter and then the pressing matter of ordering up the Exagon spray booth. I am a little nervous about drilling a whopping big hole in the man cave for the vent though!




So that just leaves the modelling output. There's no shortage of builds requiring attention, in fact I was alarmed at how many I had not completed, so as I feel I'm bound to have lost my touch with the airbrush I think a few shelf queens will be utilised to get my eye in again. Now it’s just a case of choosing a guinea pig ?

No comments:

Post a Comment