Wednesday, 14 December 2022

Sd.Kfz.7/2. 3.7cm Flak 43. Trumpeter 1/35 kit#01527. Chapter 7 (Final composition)

 
I originally started building a mountain road diorama to display both vehicles on, only to realise that I hadn’t really planned it very well. After much deliberation I concluded the 8-Ton was just too large to sit at the desired angle on the slope, so work has begun on a less ambitious base. Lesson learned!

Although I had fixed the trailer's hinged side and rear panels in place, luckily, I hadn’t fixed any of the accessories, so along with the new sublimely detailed 3D ammo containers and shells, it is now time to complete painting duties on all the numerous items and decide on final placement. 

The following pics shows me tinkering with accessories placement 

The wine box, suitcase, backpacks, and water cannisters are yet to receive their final filter coats along with highlights and shadows with oils. Some items like the helmet require a strap and a little tidy up. The rangefinder box still requires a few stencil markings and some other items yet to be added will add a welcome splash of colour.

 

The small base it is currently sat on is an unpainted WIP for another 8 ton cargo variant I am currently building, and is just a convenient surface to take some pics of progress so far.
 






 
See how leaving the stub axles free to rotate during the build stage ensures the track wheels are always sat down on the track surface which itself will follow the contours of the terrain   
     






A few areas that I really should have updated during the build stage but didn't! As already mentioned the two front vision ports have interior armoured vision blocks that didn't come with the kit. I had closed up the cab before I realised. Likewise, the seven grooves on the sprocket face should not be present and I forgot to address this too before paint. An interior handle was added to the open cab door



A few WIP pics with the 3D printed trailer with additional accessories added to the roof top box. It is still awaiting the compartment doors to be fitted. 
 

 
This 3D trailer really is a work of art
 

 
This 3D trailer really is a work of art
 

No comments: