Wednesday, 9 November 2022

Sd.Kfz.7/2. 3.7cm Flak 43. Trumpeter 1/35 kit#01527. Chapter 6 (Finding a 3D printed ammo trailer)

 Previous chapter

Its now November 2022 and this has been a real slow burner of a project. Seven years almost to the day in fact!  Conceived in November 2015 it sat on the shelf of shame awaiting paint until 2018. It then took a glacial two further years to get to the weathering stages, where upon I discovered the Trumpeter flak ammo trailers provided in their kits were pure fantasy. I then tracked down the Wiener Modellbau Sd.Ah 57 resin kit. This took another year to complete so when 2021 comes around and a lovely fellow by the name of Darius Stucinskas releases a beautiful and extemely accurate 3D printed kit of the Sd.Ah 56/57 trailer I had to jump at it!
 

CAD images 

 



Darius was kind enough to send me a whole trailer kit, as well as many extras and work started in the summer of 2022. 
 
The 3D trailer build and painting steps can be found here. 
 
Next chapter

No comments: